Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pheasant Weekend


I cannot wait until Friday. At five o’clock, I am racing out of the office, picking up my mom and driving about four and a half hours to Southern Oregon. This weekend the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Becoming an Outdoors Woman program is hosting an upland game bird hunting clinic.

What makes me so excited is the fact that my mom has NEVER hunted before! This will also be our first BOW workshop. This weekend’s BOW workshop is designed to teach new and beginner hunters how to hunt safely and enjoyably.

On Saturday we will have a classroom session on upland game bird hunting and safety before heading out to the range for clay target practice. After the range on Saturday, we will head out for an actual hunting experience! Each woman will be paired with a fish & wildlife volunteer guide and a dog to hunt. Sunday morning, we get to do it all over again! Our limit is two pheasants per day and 10 California quail.

Did I mention the cost of this two-day clinic is only $65 per person?!? I am so thankful there are programs like BOW that make it easy and affordable to introduce someone to the outdoors.

I will let you all know how this weekend goes! I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment