Monday, October 5, 2009

Nikon Binocular Tip

Did you know a binocular has a diopter? Well I am embarrassed to admit this but prior to working in the outdoors industry I did not even know what a diopter was. I had been looking through binoculars for two decades that were not correctly set for my eyes. I have since learned that I was definitely not alone.

Setting the diopter is an essential step to making a binocular your own. This adjustment compensates for the natural differences that ones eyes may have. Using a binocular without setting the diopter may mean the users eyes will not be able to focus at the same distance at the same time.

Nikon ProStaffer Forrest Rowland explains in this video (produced by Chevalier) how to set your diopter. Spending five minutes making this adjustment can make a world of difference. I know it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment