Friday, August 28, 2009

Whitetail Preparations

It's the end of the summer. It's still extremely hot in SC, and while I would prefer staying in the air condition watching TV or sweating on the golf course, it's time to prepare for deer season.

That means cutting our property roads, getting our food plots ready, putting up stands, purchasing my hunting license, checking all of my gear and sighting in my rifle.

Last year I had the opportunity to take a couple of deer in Kentucky and was able to test out some of Winchester Ammunition's NEW Power Max Bonded ammo in the .30-06 caliber. It performed great!

This year, I will be hunting with a Winchester .270 rifle. I'm going to mount a Nikon Monarch 3-12x42 BDC riflescope on it and will once again hunt with Winchester's 130 gr. Power Max Bonded .270 ammo, which is perfect for whitetail hunting. Most of my shots on my home turf won't be more than 50-100 yards, but you never know when you'll get invited to hunt another location where you may have to take a shot longer than that and I want to make sure that I have the equipment that will meet those needs.

If all goes according to plan I will be testing everything next week. Stay tuned for photos and information on how things turn out.

Enjoy your weekend and remember..."ya stay in the woods, ya stay out of trouble!"

No comments:

Post a Comment