Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome!


Welcome to the Chevalier Advertising blog! My name is Shannon and I will be blogging here about once a week.

I am a Public Relations Associate at Chevalier Advertising in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I am the liaison between my clients and the media. I assist with the marketing efforts for Nikon Sport Optics, Winchester Ammunition and ThermaCELL Mosquito Repellent. Chevalier Advertising is a unique agency because we specialize in hunting, shooting and the outdoors. Everyone in our office is somehow involved in hunting and shooting. It is not uncommon for a group of us to go to the archery range during our lunch break or to the shooting range after work.

I do a lot of traveling for my job and it has taken me to some amazing places over the last two years. I have hunted waterfowl in the Mississippi Delta, bowhunted the legendary Pike County, Ill., and whitewater rafted with Navy SEALs. I love working in this industry because the people who are in it are passionate about it and truly love what they do.

I did not grow up hunting like many of my counterparts. I grew up in San Diego and spent most of my time showing horses. I always had interest and respect for guns, hunting and the outdoors. What started as target shooting for fun has turned into an obsession. I hunt turkey, deer, dove, waterfowl, small game and upland game. I also take advantage of the great salmon fishing the Pacific Northwest has to offer.

Once again, welcome! Hope you stick around and enjoy the behind-the-scenes look at the Chevalier team and what we are all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment