Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Driving South for Doves

Friday morning, before the sun comes up I am going to be packing my car (dog included) and driving 17 hours to see my dad and do a little dove shooting and pheasant hunting in El Centro, California.

This is one of my favorite times of year, not only do I get to escape the cold and rainy Oregon weather and exchange it for warm and dry California air; but I get to spend quality time with my dad.

I enjoy the drive from his home in San Diego to our hunt camp in El Centro (which is a trailer in a retirement park of all places). Even though we talk on the phone everyday, I still enjoy catching up on the latest and greatest. I enjoy driving around and scouting the perfect spot. I enjoy attempting to shoot doves and laughing after perfectly tracking one, only to have it pull at 180 at the last possible second.

Pictures and story to come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment